Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Why Pick February? Cause it is the shortest month, therefore I have the best chance of success....

Friday: friend and mentor’s last day of work. Went for drinks.

 

Saturday: very tired from all the travel as of late, plus previous nights drinks. Went out for dinner with friends. Decided to join a friend on his ‘Sober February’ undertaking, figured why not be there for moral support and get a little more healthy myself in the process.
 
 

Sunday: babysat nephew and watched Super bowl. Changed first diaper. Traumatized. Had a beer to forget.


Monday: went to airport. Filled out customs card. Signed and dated customs card. Dated…wait, what? It’s the 2nd of February??? NO!!!! OMG, that means yesterday was also February! Oh no. I failed.


Monday evening: sat on a plane for 4 hours and spent first three hours wondering – do I admit I failed?? I mean no one who knows about the February thing saw me drink that beer. And it was an honest mistake... I didn't know it was February ALREADY?! I mean, it was JUST christmas... And beside that, anyone that has to change a diaper should automatically get a beer - so there is no way that particular beer, given the circumstance, should even count. That should be THE RULE over and above all other rules in life! Change a diaper; get a beer. In fact, that diaper genie thingy should HAND you a beer when you hand it a diaper. Now there, THAT would be a genie...


 
…spent last hour of flight realizing –If I was a mother and had to have a beer every diaper change, by day three I'd probably not have been a very good one….
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment