Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Library

Friday after work I went to the Library. 

Now I know what you are thinking - 4 years in university and the girl barely steps foot in the library and now that's what she does on friday after work?! 

It's not that I never went to the library in those days - I did go once, but I found the people weren't very social.  I didn't like it.  So many people and I couldn't talk to any of them.  I felt like a cat beside an aquarium.  Anyhow, I tried to go back from time to time, I truly tried, but in my defense, if they really wanted us to go to the library they wouldn't have put it so close to the Den...

So, it's friday afternoon and the people said, "let's go to the Library!"

All I could think was, great.  Vancouver - where no one eats whales, no one is pro-oil-spills, no one is seen without a starbucks in one hand and a yoga mat in the other and now this...friday after work and they want to drag me to a Library...  I was contemplating if I could be turned into a tofu-eating yogi but I draw the line at this.  Friday after work is reserved for one thing and one thing only. 

But when you are somewhere new and have limited friends, well - beggars can't be choosers.  I went to the Library.


Imagine my delight when The Library turned out to be a pub!

It's crazy brillant isn't it?!  Why did the UofC not think of this years ago??  If they called the Den, the Library, I would have gone three times a week!!  Just imagine how smart I'd be now....sigh...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment