Friday, January 10, 2014

Dear Mr. Realtor...merry christmas to you too....

So here’s the thing. There are certain expectations one has in life.  One of them is when you buy a home, you will get a little house-warming gift from your realtor. 

I never did. 

My realtor was away when I picked up the keys to my place - he said he’d come by and drop something off later, but never did.  I was disappointed sure, I mean a precedent has been set in this area, it’s become an expectation when you trade in your life savings for four walls.  But I chalked it up to, ‘well he forgot’.  And I’ve tried to just not think about it, which works fine except that people keep asking for my realtor...cause aside from the lack of chocolate I was really happy with him.  But I feel like I can’t give out his name...I want my friends to have that ‘awww’ moment when they open their thank you card.  But then, I was really happy with him so I want to recommend him.  Ugh, such a dilemma…

Then, the other day, in the mail – almost a year to the date of when I purchased my home – came an envelope.    

“Oh my gosh, he remembered!!”  All my problems were solved!  I ripped it open expecting to find a note, ‘hope you are enjoying your new home!” and a gift card or a very tiny, very flat bottle of wine.  Instead I found a Christmas card with his signature and his business card tucked inside.  It was almost insulting…he sent me business cards?!?!...this he remembers to do!?!

But silly as it seems, I still hold out hope, maybe he’ll remember in the spring when he’s staring out the window, looking at the world turn green then suddenly he’ll think, oh geez, I never did get that basket of cheese to Tanya….I better go do that now.  It’ll be all moldy, but I’d still take it!!

Yes.  When it comes to these things, I’m ever the optimist! 

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting to see what/if we get a gift. With all the excitement going into a new house, this is still the top of my mind on most days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww!!
    tell me so I can live vicariously through you

    ReplyDelete