Friday, July 12, 2013

Life on the Coast

Can I tell you about my Wednesday?
 
After work, I went to the beach with a friend.
We had a bottle of wine and a couple sandwiches - a picnic on the beach!  It was nice.
 
THEN...
 
the sun set and it was amazing - the colours of the sky reflecting off the water...so pretty....
 
THEN...
 
everyone else on the beach left because the sunset was over.  But we didn't rush, just kinda hung out a bit talking.  It was right about when we were thinking, 'well maybe we should go...' that a blue heron came to the edge of the water, about ten feet from us timidly dipping it's feet in the water.
 
I'm sitting there thinking, 'And this is just a regular wednesday night...I have to go to work tomorrow....'
 
It's nuts.
Sometimes I forget I'm not on vacation.
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment