Saturday, September 1, 2012

Not-So-Sweet Revenge


It was Thursday.  I got up, went to work, worked, had a pita and veggies with my homemade hummus for lunch, worked more, then looked at the clock - oopp!  2:45, time to go!  Dentist appointment at 3pm.  Just the usual cleaning bit you know.

Still, I don’t like dentists.  Not only do I think there is fundamentally something wrong with people who want to stare at the insides of other people’s mouths all day (one summer I bar-tended...one round of Upside Down Margaritas I had to pour into open mouths was plenty enough for me for a lifetime....ugh...), but I’ve also had bad experiences in the dentist’s chair - complete with shards of my own jaw bone making their way out into the world.  So, ya, I have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to dentists.  

Anyway...back to Thursday...when I settled into the chair, I profusely apologized to the nice hygienist lady, “Oh sorry, I completely forgot that I had a dentist appointment today and had hummus for lunch.  Sorry, um, about the garlic.”

She gave me the old, “Oh it’s ok!”

But the truth is...I knew.  I knew when I didn’t chew that stick of gum on my way over; I knew when I was enjoying my lunch; I even knew Tuesday night when I made my hummus and threw in a few extra cloves of garlic...


.

No comments:

Post a Comment