Friday, September 14, 2012

Mission Possible!

I get bored, and when I get bored I try to find things to do.

Actually, that isn’t true – I don’t get bored, I’m not even sure I really know what that means. Sometimes I get scared that I’ll get bored so I take precautions. Usually too many. Thus ensuring that I never get bored…or sleep.

Hmmm, it kind of makes me wonder what happened to me. You know, like someone is afraid to swim because they remember their dad throwing them in the lake when they were little and they almost drown. Something like that must have happened to me to create this intense fear of boredom. …I also have an unreasonable fear of spiders. I wonder if they have something to do with each other. Like maybe I got bored once and ate a spider.

Anyhow. That is neither here nor there. What is here and now is that I have found the perfect winter activity!!

I am going on a quest! A quest to find the best burger in town! Me and my x-work-hubby are going to determine where to find the best burger in (or around) Calgary. We will be judging in categories like Pristine Presentation; Best Buns; Juiciest Meat; etc. to find the most delicious combination of burger, bun, toppings. I can’t wait!! I do, after all, love a good burger….especially with a nice glass of wine! And even better when watching big fluffy snowflakes falling!



…although I have to admit, since we talked about eating spiders I’ve kind of lost my excitement for this whole thing.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment