Friday, March 9, 2012

It's Caesar Salad, not Caesar's Salad.

I went to a pub.

Wait, I know, you are in shock. Me. In a pub.


Anyway, it happened. I went to a pub. I ordered a beer.


Ok, look, if you keep rolling your eyes and nodding smugly at me, we will never get through this.



So the other day, I'm in a pub with a pint and I ordered the Bison Burger.

The waitress says, do you want fries, soup or salad?

I said, do you have Yam fries?

She said, yes, for two dollars and fifty cents more.

I said, why? is a sweet potato that much more expensive then a potato? And do you realize that it doesn't cost two dollars and fifty cents more to put romaine lettuce on a plate with dressing and dried up old bread then it does to put lettuce on a plate with Italian dressing and tomatoes and cucumbers?? So why do you charge a premium for Caesar salad? Did frickin the mighty Caesar himself make it?

And yams - you buy bloody yams wholesale. Do you know how many yam fries you can make for two fifty? Are you saying that those are all going to be on my plate?

You know it wasn't so long ago that yams had a bad rap. They were the vegetable that everyone was forced to eat at thanksgiving. Mothers used to yell - Johnny, eat your damn yams.

Now they are as marked up as a subway station bathroom stall.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment