Thursday, February 9, 2012

Save big on books!

So I'm at Chapters and this guy comes up to me and hands me a Valentine's day coupon. The coupon says that if I purchase a greeting card, I will receive 10 percent off my purchase, or the possibility of more savings.

Well, I know me and so I'm banking on the 10 per cent. Which is still good right?! Especially considering I need a Valentine's day card anyway.

I look down at the book in my hand $18.95. Cool, save a couple bucks anyway, maybe even 4 and thus pay for the card really. Cool. Going to get both, may as well get both here and save some cash.

So I beeline for the card aisle. On display are of course, lovey-dovey pink and red valentines cards. I pick up the first one that catches my eye. Read it...nice...flip it over...

$8.95.

EIGHT NINTY FIVE.

For a CARD.

They want my life savings so that I can save just shy of $1.90. for a CARD?!?!?! that will be in the trash bin before the book is even done.

No thank you. I put the card down. I put the book down. I set the coupon on top.

So long suckers!!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment