Thursday, January 5, 2012

DANGER! It's bedtime...

Sunday night I went to bed, I woke up Monday with such a crick in my neck I couldn't turn my head to see if it was in fact, actually Monday yet.

I have spent the last four days with shooting pains up my neck, numbness down my arm, and a knot of spasming muscles in my shoulder that are pressing on some nerve causing agony that I've never felt before and rendering sleep impossible. To top it off, I contracted a touch of a cold that came with regular sneezing fits and a cough - which both cause extreme difficulties when you are unable to move your head/neck/arm. Ahhh, it's been fun times at my house.

Yesterday I went to the massage therapist. She said what did you do? I said it was fine when I went to bed, hurt when I got up and then the first sudden move I made sent searing pains up my neck and down my arm that left me sobbing.


I have:

- jumped out of an airplane at twelve thousand feet outside of Edmonton, Alberta;

- had guns pointed at my head by teenagers while biking up a treacherous mountain in the middle of the night, in the rain, in Nepal;

- naively stood a foot and a half away from an alligator who was in the murky waters between the paths at Red Frog Beach, Panama;

all of which I walked away from unscathed, yet suddenly I can't go to bed without risking injury.


I turn thirty-five in a few days. I'm scared. I wonder if they make matching pyjama/helmet combos.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment