Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Who Moved My Cheese?!

I know there is a book by the same name, but this is not about a book. Someone stole my cheese!

For real!

I put a lot of time and effort into planning my day's menu, including breakfast smoothie, lunch, dinner and all the snacks inbetween. On Mondays, I take a bunch of stuff to work that fits my chosen menu. This week, I treated myself to an afternoon snack of a fine aged white cheddar cheese stick and a cup of V8.

It may not be everyone's idea of a treat. But it's mine. And apparently someone else's also.

Today, I had my lunch, then I went to defeat a worthy opponent at a good-hearted game of squash. Then I returned to my desk. Sent a couple emails. And went to the fridge for my snack.

I opened the fridge, grabbed my V8 but alas, the cheese was gone?!? Had vanished like a fart in the wind. Gone, no trace.

I was pissed. Who would take my cheese??

No one. Come on, really, I work with adults, not drunken fraternity boys ready to raid a fridge at a well-weeded-tray-of-brownies notice.

So I pushed my fears of a cheese-thief-in-the-midst aside and searched high and low. But my fears were to be realized. There was most definitely a cheese thief (or a very large mouse adept in opening fridge doors and drawers) in my midst.

So, I went on a secret mission to discover the culprit. I looked around for empty wine glasses, cracker crumbs and empty cheese wrappers.

To no avail.

So I sent the following email to all those adorning our halls and offices.

One day a little mouse was sent out by his mother to gather his own food. About two hours later the mother was standing in her little mouse house when the door burst open and he came running in holding a big piece of cheese in his tiny paws. His proud mother beamed and said, “Good job little mouse. And what do you have there?”

“CHEESE!’ replied the mouse

“And what kind of cheese do you have?” asked the mother.

“NACHO CHEESE” replied the young mouse.

The mother looked confused and asked, “Uh, how do you know that’s Nacho Cheese son?”

“Because when I took it, a little boy came running after me waving his arms and yelling ‘hey little mouse, that’s NACH--CHO CHEESE’.”




Yup. That's NACH-CHO-CHEESE!!!!!


It's mine.

And I will find you.


...to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment